Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

OPI Liquid Sand - Stay The Night

Hey Everyone

So I'm going to admit as well as being a makeup junkie I'm also a massive polish junkie.  I love anything new, innovative and a little bit different so when I saw the OPI Liquid Sand polishes I kinda fell in love.
  These were released in the OPI Mariah Carey Collection and the one I purchased is called Stay The Night.  It has a black base with red glitter.  When you apply the polish it goes on glossy but as it dries it leaves a matte, textured finish with sparky red glitter particles running through it. 

It leaves a beautiful effect and under the light the red glitter sparkles against the matte black sandy finish.


 

The staying power of this varnish is above average I would say.  I have had it on since Tuesday and it has only just started to show signs of chipping along the edges.  If you wanted to make it last longer you could pop on a top coat after a few days.  This would give you a glossy finish that's just as nice as the matte but will take away the sandy texture.
 
I guess taking it off will be a bit of a chore.  Looks like I will be wrapping my fingernails up in aluminum foil again but between you and me I think it's worth it.
 
I'd definitely recommend this one if you're looking for something a little different to add to your collection.
 
Do you like the new textured polish trend or are you more of a traditionalist when it comes to polish?
 
 photo signature_zps5bc3ec03.png


No comments:

Post a Comment